Saturday 9 May 2009

I should elaborate on this [21/5 edit]


Having a LOT of free time on my hands these days has given me the opportunity to catch up on the pile of books that I have bought but never read (or only skimmed through) over the years as well as revisit some old favourites. A joint degree in history and classics never really left much time for non-academic reading and has left me with a slight disdain for any literary source that I feel will teach me very little to nothing. Much better to learn than simply read as a distraction for a few hours

The above quote from Cicero actually continues to 'and by literature I mean the works which give us an opportunity to understand the world in which we ourselves live, its sky, land and sea'. A noble attitude indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic