Tuesday 29 January 2008

Mystic Macka


With the NFL season coming to its close and the Heineken Cup I feel it is time for the post-season autopsy report on my predictions for this year. Now I couldn't find my NFL predictions for this year in any of my old posts but truthfully this is how I would have (confidently) called it at the start of the year:

AFC
Patriots
Colts
Chargers
Ravens
Jaguars
Bengals

NFC
Cowboys
Bears
Seahawks
Tampa Bay
Saints
The Pack

Which means I wouldn't have been that wrong at all actually (4/12 wrong).. then there were my playoff picks at the mid point in the season

AFC
1. New England
2. Indianapolis
3. Pittsburgh
4. San Diego
5. Tennessee
6. Cleveland

NFC
1.Green Bay
2.Dallas
3.Seattle
4.New Orleans
5.New York Giants
6.Detroit

Not too shabby I think you'll agree 3/12 wrong is pretty good I think

With ze rugby I was kinda worse, Heino predictions for the knock out round were...

1.Biarritz Olympique
2.Stade Francais
3.Neath-Swansea Ospreys
4.Perpignan
5.Llanelli Scarlets
6.Leicester Tigers
7.Saracens (Best runner-up)
8.Toulouse (Best runner-up)

In reality...

1.Saracens
2.London Irish
3.Gloucester
4.Toulouse
5.Cardiff
6.Munster
7.Perpignan (Best runner-up)
8.Ospreys (Best runner-up)

So painfully wrong, 4/8 of my knock out selections were right but none of em in the right places. This is essentially why I am not a gambling man

No comments: