Tuesday 6 March 2007

The Demons/Aubergines might be back, back in... pink?


Work is in motion at the moment to set-up a national flag football league in Ireland. There are plans to have 4 divisions (east,west,south and north) with playoffs presumably to follow later in the year. No dates have been finalised yet but the preliminary plans are for the season to run through spring (so it'll probably start soon) with a final to be held sometime in May.

We're in the Dublin division... obviously...

NORTH DIVISION
Bangor Bucs
Belfast Bulls
Belfast Trojans
Carrickfergus Knights
Coleraine Chieftans
Craigavon Cowboys
Portadown Eagles

SOUTH COAST DIVISIONSE
Strongbows
CorkAdmirals
UCC
CIT
Cork Mustangs
Willow Warriors

DUBLIN DIVISION
Sharks
Rebels
Dragons
Outlaws
St Annes Jazz
DCU
Demons/Aubergines

WEST COAST DIVISION
Galway Sea Devils
Edenderry Soldiers
Roscrea Falcons
Athlone

http://www.iafs.co.uk/ - Flag football forum
Its on baby, its on like Donkey Kong! I hope this actually goes ahead cos it'll be fucking sweet. We need to decide on a name and team colours. So far Ben has suggested Aubergines which I have to admit.. I kinda like. Seb reckons pink shirts, black shorts and again I must bow to the Frenchman's superior sporting fashion knowledge and say I'm all for it. Anyone got any better suggestions?

2 comments:

Manuel said...

I reckon we don't do that, not being the laughing stock of the league sounds highly acceptable. I reckon 49ers colours!

Macka said...

well its hardly a very serious legue tbh, and even so, being the rookies I don't think we're in any position to be taking this (or be taken for that matter) too seriously. Just a bit of a laaaugh, I guess we'll have to have some kinda poll to decide this, some kind of bebo poll