Saturday 3 February 2007

"Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will" - Ghandi


Felix Jones.. the boys rise through the ranks in Leinster rugby and now Irish rugby has been just a joy to see. I don't care if I sound like a spa cos it is, it's goo to see someone being rewarded for all their hard work, their dedication no matter how shit things were in school or club. He's a prime example of a model competitor, he ain't the biggest, he ain't the fastest, he may not be the most skillful but he will NOT give up. Its that ridiculous fighting spirit of his thats gotten him this far and earned him the permanent respect of everyone hes ever stepped on the pitch with.
Everytime I hear of some new acievement of his in Leinster or whatever I always think of that drunken night on valedictory... "hey man.. you're gonna make Leinster I know it man, you'll do it." drunken ramblings they may have been but I was right goddammit!
But... fair play to him, it was my great honour and privilege to have played longside a player of his calibre for 6 years... even if he did keep me outta the damn 10 jersey... congratulations you fucking hero... now hurry up and replace ROG already will ya?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

1 comment:

Matthew said...

hahahaha, i remember outside wezz on valedictory night when u said that. i also have memories of when we were about 9, me and felix discussed his route to playing for the lions 'when we were older' hes somewhat surprisingly en route, ok so he didnt win the senior cup, but if and once he makes the leinster senior squad im gonna start getting worried about his premonitions.